Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Made It - Look What I Made

My first Monday Made It!!! :)

So if you've had a chance to check out my Pinterest account you will see I have one board dedicated just to projects I have seen that I must absolutely cannot live without dream about making for the upcoming school year. I really really want to make everything on this board but let's be honest with each other, there are two weeks left until school officially starts and I want to enjoy as much of these last two weeks with my little princess before we both start back at school!

One of the items on my list was the picture frame post-it note holder that I've seen all over Pinterest. I was at my parents house and I raided my moms art closet and found the clear picture frame I needed to make my post-it holder so I just HAD to make it tonight! I have to say this is one of those projects that took me minutes to make! The hardest part for me was deciding what papers/embellishments I wanted to use! I finally decided to make one that matched one of the clipboards I made for one of my friends... now you know I have to make the matching clipboard for myself - just another project to add to my to-do list!! (But at least I can say I completed one of my Pinterest to-do list items off!!)

Check out my post-it note holder:
I am in love with this! I think it's going to look super cute on my desk, not to mention I will ALWAYS know where a post-it note is (and so will everyone else who walks into my room!!!!) The only thing I did learn is that you have to put about 1/4 of a stack of post-its onto your holder. The post-its I had handy at home just wouldn't stay on. I stuck the whole stack on and plop within minutes they fell right off... so then I took about 1/4 of the stack and they have been stuck on for quite a while now. I do know they make those "super" sticky post-its, I haven't tried them with this yet, BUT a whole stack of those might stick really nice!

What's on your to-do list for the beginning of the year?? Have you been able to cross anything off of it?

PS - If your new to my blog don't forget to follow me along on my adventure as the school year begins!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment